What are the medicinal health benefits of Acerola Cherry ? What is Acerola Cherry good for ?
Barbados cherry, also known as Acerola cherry, is a tropical plant. Although it is generally 2-3 m tall, some types can reach up to 6 m tall. Due to being a tropical climate plant, it suffers from cold below minus 2 degrees and the plant dies. It has the ability to grow better in acidic soils. It is recommended that those who grow this fruit grow regularly in dry periods in order to increase the yield.
Barbados cherries (acerola cherries) are bright red. Its leaves are bright and dark green. Fruits have 3 wide rounded edges and the seeds are located in the center. Fruit flesh is yellow. Its fruits are a full store of vitamin C. The main purpose of growing the plant is that it has a very rich structure in terms of vitamin C.
What are the health benefits of Acerola cherry ?
- Acerola cherry, which is beneficial on eye health, improves the eyesight quality.
- Acerola cherry provides protection against colds such as flu and cold with its high amount of vitamin C.
- Acerola cherry strengthens the immune system.
- Barbados cherry, which diabetes patients can use easily, keeps blood sugar levels in balance.
- Acerola cherry helps the body fight free radicals because it contains high levels of antioxidants. It protects the health of the skin and has anti-aging feature.
- It provides protection against cancer.
- It has diuretic properties.
- The ingredient named pectin helps the digestive system. It protects the intestines. It also helps to lower cholesterol level thanks to this substance.