What is the Barcelona Declaration ? When was the Barcelona Declaration first signed ?
Barcelona Declaration was signed in 1976 among Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Lebanon, Libya, Malta, Monaco, Morocco, Serbia and Montenegro, Slovenia, Spain, Syria, Tunisia, and Turkey in order to provide legal basis for Mediterranean action plans. The aims of this declaration is:
- To detect and control marine pollution
- To ensure the sustainable management of natural marine life and coastal resources
- To integrate the environment into social and economic developments
- To protect natural and cultural heritage
- To strengthen the solidarity between the Mediterranean coastal states
- To contribute to the improvement of the quality of life